Sunday 9 September 2007

Another Quilt Exhibition




G. and I went to another quilt exhibition. This time in the charming village of Oudendijk, close to the city of Hoorn. Apparently after being there for less than two hours, they considered us locals. People waved at us when we drove away... or they were just happy to see us go.


The exhibition was held in the local church and organised by the regional chapter of the Netherlands Quilt guild. Some 20 quilts were on show and there was a small shop from Hoorn.

I found another 5 fat quarters for my 'Triangle Traktatie' quilt. I ordered the main fabric from a shop in Zutphen last Sunday at the quilt exhibition in Deventer. I got a call on Tuesday... they have the 3 meters I need and were going to ship it to me... I has not arrived yet. Because of my recent experience with book 7 of Harry Potter, I am slightly worried. I'll give the shop a call if the fabric has not arrived on Tuesday.


Some of our favourites pictured below.
M.



No comments: