Sunday 16 September 2007

Such A Relief...


G. and I will attend another workshop at Irma's Sampler (Haarlem) in a couple of weeks time - Triangle Traktatie. I found some nice background fabric in one of the shops at the Deventer Quilt Exhibition. Unfortunately they'd only brought half meters, but they were absolutely sure they have more at the shop. I got a call on Tuesday last week saying that they would send it to me. When it still had not arrived this week Tuesday, I gave them a call... they had not shipped it... but were going to. I was so relieved to find the package on Thursday, as I had already bought quite a few fat quarters with this background fabric in mind. The background fabric (the brown/gray in the middle) is Japanese and I combine it with modern, western fabric in blues, greens and neutrals. It is meant to become my winter quilt... I do not like quilts hanging on a wall, but prefer the utility kind... lying on a bed or draped over a chair, or ones you snuggle up under on a couch. We bought the triangle ruler that we need for the workshop yesterday, at the start of the autumn season at Irma's Sampler.

M.

No comments: