Tuesday 14 August 2007

First Post by G.

M. is perhaps better with the words on quilting, I'll try to show my view on quilting in pictures.
Below you'll find my first bed quilt, made for my 10 year old son. As you can see, we live in a polder-village with a lot of wind, handy to show off the back of the quilt. This quilt was made with the wonderful fabrics of Laurel Birch. The pattern is from a back issue of "Quilt it for kids". The piecing was great work, the quilting was not... I found it terribly difficult to work the quilt through the sewing machine. I'll have to work on my quilting techniques, as my right shoulder hurt for over a week. I've finished this quilt only a week ago and am trying to find the courage to start the next... In the meantime I can work on my needlework sampler and watch some Aussie series on tv. Regards, G.






No comments: