Saturday 25 August 2007

In The Year 2003





First project I started was 'In The Arms of an Angel' by Lavender & Lace. One of my favourite designers. I love the folds in the dress - solely achieved by using different shades, rather than using a lot of back stitching. Definitely sets her apart from a lot of the other designers. Also like the delicate 1 over 1 faces she designs.









Another favourite - hanging in my kitchen... cross stitch projects are scattered all over my house... none in my bathroom... just yet... - 'Family Treasures III' by Told in a Garden. Actually the same designer as Lavender & Lace. I call it my English Garden. It is stitched on a blue/gray Jobelan... an exception to my rule. I prefer high count linen.












Third project... 'Erzgebirgische Blumen Kinder'... cross stitch design based on the wooden figures from the Erzgebirge mountains in south-east Germany. I got a small Christmas angel when I was a child. My mother had to beg the lady in the household appliances shop to sell her one - the lady used them as Christmas decorations and hence they were not for sale. The pattern was bought via a German 'kreuzstich' shop G. found on the internet. This design features the Blumen Kinder. I'd love to own a Christmas pyramid with angels... one where the candles make the blades turn. I'd like to visit the area and workshops... one day. Look for more angels on http://www.wendt-kuhn.de/

M.

No comments: