Tuesday 12 October 2010

Playing Hooky


What a way to spend your monday morning! My mom and I decided to play hooky and give ourselves a treat, we went to Haarlem to visit a quiltexhibition by A.'s quiltgroup. The exhibition was in an old convent hallway, which was a perfect background for the quilts. There were so many lovely quilts, I just have to share this with you! I'll show my favourites...

A.'s spectacular floral quilt.

I can just see this one on one of my boys' beds.

The same technique as A.'s quilt but in a smaller star.

African fabrics.


And of course it was great to see A.'s Japanese quilt again. It really is amazing! We then walked to the market, but were a bit disappointed with the number of fabric stands (only 3), so I'll have to wait for the Stoffenspektakel next week.

And on we went to our next quilt exhibition. This was of the "Heemsteekjes" in Heemstede. This quiltgroup did a block swap with its twelve members. It was a really nice exhibition too. I'm still wondering how they did this quiltwork all together.

One member of the group gave the others a pattern and then put all the blocks together. These cute kimono's were folded into shape.

I can never resist a quilt with Dutch fabrics in it.
What a wonderful day! Thanks mom, for coming with me.

No comments: