Monday 24 March 2008

Double Sided Log Cabin Workshop


Last Friday G. and I went to Haarlem for our Double Sided Log Cabin workshop. To her surprise G. was not the first to arrive at the shop. Our first task was to colour the pattern - quite a relaxing start. Have a look at the pictures and dare to tell us you're not impressed.
I managed to finish 2 blocks during the workshop (the pink, red and brown ones in the picture - G.'s is black, white and pink). G. and I continued the same evening and finished another 2. A whopping 10% finished on the first day... that's a first for me.

Gre was our teacher for the day - here she is showing off her quilt. The back of her quilt was a brilliant mistake.... I might need one as well. I went back to the shop in Amstelveen on Friday afternoon and also on Saterday morning... buying more fabric each time... next time no more frugalness (is that a word??). Only on Saturday morning I bought the wrong one - I realised this as soon as I opened the bag at home but I refuse to go back a fourth time.



Two hardworking students...

M.

No comments: