Monday 14 January 2008

Dear G.

Dear G,

You were so right to push me into posting this quilt ;-) My first post in 2008 on the first quilt I ever made. I cannot remember when I discovered Kaffe Fassett's fabrics - maybe you remember? - but it was an instant, deep love... When I discovered the pattern for this utility quilt in Kaffe's V&A Museum book, I was instantly hooked once again... by the simplicity of the pattern. Little did I know at the time that the patchwork part is the easy bit... quilting the top that's the real challenge. But don't you agree we have come a long way?!? Had you told me 20 years ago, back in 1988... that this would be in our future...I would not have believed you! And this year we're going to see these V&A quilts with our very own eyes.

Apart from seeing the V&A quilts... what is my wishlist for 2008? To stitch and quilt... not my stash wishlist... wink ;-).

To Stitch:
  • Finish my nephew's Winnie the Pooh height chart
  • A Surprise Stitch
  • Cloister Garden by Drawn Thread
  • Sanctuary by Drawn Thread
  • Angel of Love by Lavender & Lace
  • Start our '2000 Years Ago' Xmas project (again)

To Quilt:

  • Finish Little Miss T's quilt
  • Feathered Star cushion
  • Circle In The Square lap quilt
  • Continue the Triangle Traktatie
  • Kaffe's Courthouse Steps
An ambitious list I hear you say. Mmm... you're right. Then again I just love dreaming!
G., what do you plan to do this year?!

Love,
M.

Btw... I love Winter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not posting anything for at least a week, to keep your lovely quilt on the top of the page... Let's enjoy it for a while! Next week, I'll make a list for you with all my projects (finished 12 1/2 last night while watching the Project Catwalk contestants struggle with their sewing machines.. ha ha!, so now I'm on to the house..) G.