Thursday 13 December 2007

Oh Christmas Tree....

My advent board is getting emptier, so it's time for the rest of the ornaments to leave the attic. It's so much fun to find all the ornaments from years back and remember where and when I bought them, or who gave them to me... And of course many of the ornaments were made by the children or by me. Even my mother made two of the cross-stitches ornaments.

We need a larger tree next year, according to the boys. There isn't a branch left on this one to hang anything on.

I'm in love with this beautiful nativity scene, that Schoonmama en papa brought from Germany for me. No one is allowed to touch it. It's very vulnerable and so very lovely.




And on top of the tree, my Christmas angel... It took me weeks to cross-stitch, she has so many different colours, and I am so proud of her....



And my other Christmas cross-stitch leaves the attic too. It's an Elizabeth Design and has great speciality stitches and little beads and charms. I'm ready for Christmas! G.



No comments: