Sunday 20 February 2011

Starting off the Kaleidoscope...

I bought this book by Eleanor Burns and the ruler years ago, when we were still in the sampler cross-stitch club in de Rijp. Today I finally started the Kaleidoscope quilt of Dutch fabrics I want to make for my dad.
Last week I coloured the quilt plan to have an idea of how many blocks I will have to make.
Yesterday I set up this cutting station. I works wonderfully well. I will have to change the bedsheets for my little niece when she has to sleep in her bed. I'm afraid the bed is filled with fabric threads.
I used M.'s great 6x24 inch ruler to cut 5"strips. I know now what I want for my birthday!
Strips, strips and more strips.... The 5" ones are for the triangles, the 4"ones are for the corner blocks.
By using the kaleidoscope triangle ruler I cut each strip into 8 triangles.
There are three stacks of triangles to be cut: dark, medium and light blues. I've finished the light ones
And this is what the floor looks like after a few hours of cutting... G.

1 comment:

Millie en Miles said...

Wouw Ghyslaine wat ben je al ver wat heb je veel gedaan niet normaal en hij ziet er echt super leuk uit !!!! je mannenquilt heel gaaf !!!