Sunday 20 September 2009

Ragtime Piles

Three weeks ago M., I. and I did a workshop "Ragtime Quilt" at the Quilter's Palet in Den Haag. We had a great day, and Evy, our instructor, showed us her Ragtime Quilts. This really is my kind of quilt... M. can perhaps translate it... It's a quilt of "lange halen, snel thuis".
The seam allowances are all cut to small strips and then the quilt is washed and put in the dryer for a ragged-effect.
Another of Evy's quilts...
The back of the quilt.

So here is the beginning of my ragtime quilt. Piles and piles of Dutch fabric. I've decided to make mine 2 meters by 2 meters, so that means 50 large blocks and 200 small ones! I've collected so many dutch fabrics that all my large blocks are made of different fabric.
Sorting the small blocks to make pairs...
Then sorting the pairs again...
And then you have 50 blocks... Now all I have to wait for is a rainy Sunday to make a nice arrangement of blocks. G.

No comments: