Sunday 15 March 2009

Les Anneaux... Testing Trial

Last month I bought the kit of 'Les Anneaux' as shown in the January/February edition of the Quiltmania. Followed the New York Beauty workshop at De Sampler last Saturday, bought freezer paper (a complete box... 12 meters...only paid for 9 ... to last me a lifetime... or at least one 'Les Anneaux' quilt, a couple of 'Dear Jane's' and a 'Sylvia's Bridal Quilt'...) and ran out of excuses not to start. Today I traced the pattern on freezer paper to start on some trial blocks. Also a good excuse to get rid of some horrible fabric. Finished one... looks pretty good - apart from the last couple of centimeters. What did I learn... I need to make the outer pattern piece larger; 1 cm - including seam - is too small to hold on to... Besides that I am pretty happy with the result... will make the remainder of the test blocks the day I start a real one...
M.

1 comment:

Millie en Miles said...

Wouw wat is het gaaf .... super leuk, ben heel benieuwd naar het borduren !!!!!