Sunday 18 January 2009

The "Very Easy" Evening Dress

Last week I finished the evening dress for my baby sister's wedding this summer. It was supposed to be a dress for my Mom. She wanted to make it for my other sister's wedding last September. I offered to help her. As the pattern was a "very easy Vogue", I thought we would be able to do it without any problems.... Well, there was nothing very easy about the whole thing. The pleats were very difficult. the shoulderbands didn't stay up and the whole dress was a disaster. My mom threw it in a corner and bought a great dress for the occasion. I just couldn't admit defeat and took the dress to my sewing-class. There my teacher changed the pattern, I picked out a number of seams and the zipper (again and again), and here's the result. G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello big sister!
Now you finaly have a comment again!! You're going to look almost as pretty as the bride!! Love the dress, looks really pretty and the colour is super! Fit's you more then our mom! I just hope nobody likes your dress better then mine!!
Kiss