Friday 28 November 2008

Masterclass - Kaffe Fassett

Finally... I had to wait for a couple of months... signed up for a Masterclass by Kaffe Fassett back in June... not knowing what to expect. Cut an enormous amount of fabric squares beforehand... and drove all the way to Leeuwarden. Well worth the effort! I absolutely loved it!! The end result looks completely different from what I expected...
First Kaffe showed us his 'Dickie Bow Quilt'...
Then we had to put the fabrics on our plan board... stop thinking, just put the fabrics on the board and rearrange later... Above my initial layout...
The feedback from Kaffe and Brandon Mably, his assistant.... my background fabric was competing with the bows. Kaffe asked me to pick my favourite fabrics and took me shopping - every girls dream! After lots of rearranging - this is the end result.
Kaffe does a tour of all quilts at the end of the day (and do not think you can skip this!!). Mine 'went through a lot of changes... hot strength... speaks of masculinity'... not sure he liked it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
M.

No comments: