Wednesday 17 September 2008

Dear M.

Dear M., here's my report on the first class of the Civil War Diary Quilt!
I'm proud to say I made it all on my own to Haarlem (even though our usual road was blocked and I had to improvise my way home....)! Please don't make me go alone again!
Both I. and I were afraid to show our husbands what we had done all evening, as you can see in the middle it's very very little. But we had a great time, had a lot of chatting to do and picked up some new skills too. Cathelijne started out with a bit of historic background, and then explained working in inches. She will be presenting us with four blocks every month. Two blocks that have to be sewn in the regular way and two paper piecing patterns. I. never paper pieced before, and the other blocks don't look too difficult, so we decided to start the paper piecing block. I had to rip out quite a few seams, so that explains the small piece you see in the picture. When the first of our group went home, we couldn't believe it was time! It felt like two minutes, and not two hours! I brought your patterns with me, M., so you'll have some catching up to do! G.

P.S. I've finished cutting out all the "Bearly a Glimpse"trees and reindeer, and I'm never ever doing a McKenna Ryan project again, my fingers were all numb from using the tiny scissors!

No comments: