Sunday 17 February 2008

Feathered Star

Friday February 15th, M. and I did another wonderful workshop in our favourite quiltshop, Irma´s Sampler in Haarlem. We were taught how to make a Feathered Star block by our teacher Lucy. Lucy gave us permission to publish the photo´s of her wonderful quilt designs, thank you so much! Check out her great weblog, she makes so many beautiful quilts: Quilting with the past




One feathered star consists of nine blocks. We made two in the workshop (10 to 15.30), so don´t expect our blocks to be on the blog very soon. I liked this block very much (much better than the triangle tractatie), but that´s perhaps because I worked a bit neater this time (I had another not so good moment with working quick and dirty this week), and I used better fabric (t.i. more expensive fabric!). We worked so very hard, that we did not even take the time to browse the store and we went home with only one new fabric! Well, we can change that soon, because our next workshop is in March! We are very excited to do a workshop taught by the shopowner, Gré. I´ll keep you posted! G.

No comments: